Monday, August 1, 2011

A look back two years and some other thoughts!

So Cameron turned two yesterday!  I can hardly believe that it was over two years ago I delivered him in the water at the North Shore Birth Center.  It was really a great birth and I think fondly back to it.  It was fast.  I started contracting at 930 or 1015 the evening of the 30th and delivered him at 1:47 am four hours later!  But it was really intense! The contractions were bearable, and we left for the birth center around 1130(?) and they were still 5 or so minutes apart.  I remember walking around the birth center where the appointments are held because there was another woman in heavy labor and I could hear her and it was making me a little nervous.  So Andy and I walked around the other side of the building and were joking around a little bit.  The other woman delivered her baby and the midwife had to connect me to the monitors (by law - boo) and when she did that my contractions skyrocketed.  They got really painful and I remember saying may I PLEASE go in the water now , may I PLEASE go in the water now and demanding that someone give me a lower back rub.  hahah  SO after 10 or 20 minutes of the monitor, Andy filled up the tub and I went in.  I spent some time and there and at 1:35am (I think) my water broke - let me rephrase that, it popped.  I heard and felt it pop.  It was very strange.  Maybe I could hear and feel it because we were in water.  But anyways, a few minutes later Cameron was pushing himself out - the contractions were pushing him through the birth canal.   I remember thinking, um I guess I am pushing.  I must have pushed a couple more times because he was born at 1:47 am and I remember thinking HOLY MOLY that was FAST!!!!




To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment