Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Obedience



The other day we were leaving to go out on errands and Cora and Cameron were both playing very intently with some toys in the playroom.  Now there were a couple of days last week during Vacation Bible School that I felt like Cora really wasn't listening.  (I am thinking it had to do something with the fact that she was at VBS 4 days in a row without me and Cameron.)  I have been praying and trying to encourage Cora that obeying your parents is really important.  So I said to the kiddoes, alright guys it's time to go!  Cora stood right up walked over to the door and said "Oops my mommy's talking.  I am going to listen and obey."  I think I might have said that your head and heart should be saying ope my mommy's talking, I should listen and obey (even when you are in the middle of something)  That made me SO happy- I had such a grin on my face.  She has done this once or twice since then, but it is nice to know that she is listening when I tell her things and she remembered!!!


Now I hope that that is what I say when I hear my Father calling to me!


1 comment: