Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why did Jesus die on the cross 'cause?

Uhhh...my daughter asked this yesterday while she was looking through the Easter book that we have. My dad chuckled and said "your mom can answer that or you can ask your pastor."


I thought about it for a second and I said "because people did bad things and God sent his son Jesus to die on the cross."  Yes, she is 3 perhaps the better explanation would have been because He loves us as Andy said later in the day.


Later I told her that God wants to be friends with us and we had sinned/done bad things and we couldn't be friends with God without Jesus.


I have the Jesus Story Book Bible and maybe it is time to start reading it with her before her nap.




0310708257m.jpg


The other funny thing that happened yesterday was what she said after reading Fancy Nancy with my father.  My dad was telling Cora that my family, Mimi, Papi, Mama, and Auntie Maressa had been to France.  All of a sudden, she got very sad and started crying.  We asked her what was wrong.  She said, "I sad cause eddybody is going to Paris."  We all chuckled (Andy was home and my grandma was here too) and said oh no we WENT to Paris a LONG time ago.  Before you were born, in fact.  She was very sad for the rest of the night.






fancy-nancy.gif




Thanks Anna for introducing us to Fancy Nancy!








No comments:

Post a Comment