Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Week

So it is Holy Week.

The week before Jesus died on a cross for me.  For you.  For all of us.

I didn't give up anything for Lent.  I was "too busy."

God and I have been reinventing quiet time to be a time when it is not so quiet, but the kids are quietly watching a tv show.  Yesterday, when I was feeling so frustrated I wanted to run away, I hid in my closet and journaled.  I am so blessed to have a walk in closet now because I can make that my little prayer closet!!

In study last week, we were talking about why and if Jesus had to come.  Why did Jesus have to come?

disobedient people
sin increasing
a conditional covenant that we couldn't keep
missing out on the relationship with God
God needed to judget His people who had become so disobedient

Jesus took the judgment for us.  He became sin so that we may be forgiven.

Tim preached on the cross this Sunday.  Why the cross?  Why didn't he save himself.

He wants to be with us.  He died to bring us to God.

If that isn't the best news you have heard all day, I don't know what is.


No comments:

Post a Comment