Monday, June 24, 2013

I'M YOURS

So I was in Target today and I saw a shirt in the girls section because that's right I am starting to shop in the girls section for Cora.  Yes, unbelievable. It said I'M YOURS. (Ok, maybe it was in the juniors' department, I can't remember.)

I thought of two things first: that I am God's and he bought me with a price and that is awesome.  I then thought of Jason Mraz's song.

But then I thought of a more sobering side to this message on a T Shirt.  This message is not meant for one or two or even a room full of people it is for anyone who looks at it. I'm Yours.  Have me.  Look at me.  I have thought about modesty through the years and while we don't wear just skirts past the knees or only shirts and no tank tops, I do try to dress modestly and respectfully.  

The other day I watched a video on YouTube of Jessica Rey. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJVHRJbgLz8

It was saying that the bathing suit has changed over the years and when men look at women in bikinis they don't see women as people but THINGS.

I have read the article about talking to little girls and how it is important to comment on something besides on the dress they are wearing.  Again, I am no saint, but I do try to dress appropriately and I think it is important we value ourselves.  I love what Jessica said about our dignity.  

God died for us.  He loves and he wants us to dress our bodies well.  We are not for everyone to enjoy and have.  I am HIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment